The facility of EPF Balance Check is meant for EPF Members to know the updated Employee Provident Fund Balance. It includes the latest approved transactions of transfer-in/transfer-out/settlement & advances,if any, for offices across India.
In order to enjoy this facility you must know your PF Account Number. We all know that we can check our EPF (Employee Provident Fund) balance through online.
EPF Balance Check – How to go about it?
EPF Balance Check can be done in many ways. Many facilities have been started by EPF Office to seek information regarding Employee Provident Fund Balance. Recently, launching of a mobile app and missed call balance inquiry services has helped the beneficiaries as well as the EPFO to keep in pace with the time.
EPF Balance Check- Online:
In this option you provide PF membership detail at “Know your PF balance page” You have to key in your PF number and mobile number. You’ll get your balance details on phone. Through this method you get to know the latest employee contribution, employer contribution and pension amount easily.
Earlier, the data was provided for end of the Financial Year Balance
Click Here to Know how to get EPF Login Details
For Online P.F Balance Check, follow these steps:
- Select EPFO office where your account is being managed and give your PF Account number.
- Leave the extension field blank, if it’s not in your account.
- Enter PF account number and mobile number. The given mobile number will be recorded along with the PF Account Number.
- Choose the EPF Office and Region from where your firm is registered.
- Check on “I Agree” and click submit to find balance.
- On successful submission of the above information, the details will be sent through SMS to the given mobile number.
For EPF Balance Check, if you have filled all details properly you will get your Employee Provident Fund Balance.
Government has not specified rules for EPF organization to provide information regarding EPF balance. Every year, EPFO sends Annual Account Statement to the Employee at their specified working address.
EPF Balance Check- Through UAN:
Universal Account number is a unique number of those employees who are the members of employees provident fund (EPF). The number remains constant throughout and is not affected by change of job. The employers disclose UAN to its employee. The EPFO gives an account to every UAN, you can also generate UAN yourself. The UAN account portal gives many facilities to the EPF members.
Like the SMS about your PF contribution and recent available balance, once you activate UAN.
EPF Balance Check – Through PF Passbook:
In certain circumstances you can download PF passbook for member portal.
Click here to open the member portal website.
- In case you have forgotten the UAN password/coulf not login into UAN portal, the member portal is helpful.
2. You need the PF number. Member portal does not require additional information for downloading passbook.
3.To check the PF balance through the Member portal you need to register with it. Registration is simple and requires the detail of any KYC document
4. Password is not required for logging into portal, mobile number & KYC document number is sufficient. You can download the PF passbook after giving PF number. A one time password would be generated for verification.
EPF Balance Check – Missed Call Service:
This is the easiest method to check the PF account balance. Just give a missed call to the mentioned number. Soon, you would receive an SMS. This SMS will let you know the latest balance in your PF account.
Inquiry Number To Check PF Balance- 011 2290 1406 (Give a Missed Call)
(This service is totally free of cost)
EPF Balance Check- Mobile App:
By using EPFO Mobile App, the employer can check the transaction status of PF contribution Even the pensioners can check their pension status as well. You can download EPFO App by using the link- EPF Mobile App Download
The App is also available at Google Play Store. To check the PF account balance through the app, you need to enter UAN along with the registered mobile number. The option to check PF balance is available to only those members who are active on UAN portal. The activation can also be done using the Mobile app.
EPF Balance Check – SMS Service:
You can also check the PF account balance by sending an SMS. It’s a similar process just like the Missed Call Service. But this service gives you an option to select your own language beforehand.
To know the EPF balance through SMS, you have to simply send an SMS. The SMS is to the specified number in the given format.
Number to receive SMS of EPF balance – 7738 299 899
- The SMS method of PF balance inquiry is better than missed call alert as you would know any error in your records.
- It gives your name and date of birth.
- It also tells about the linked KYC documents. It can be a method to get the status of your KYC document authentication status.
- It also tells whether bank detail is available with EPFO or not.
- You would also know the month and amount of last contribution.
Employee Provident Fund Balance: Benefits:
- ACCUMULATION+INTEREST UPON RETIREMENT/RESIGNATION/DEATH
- PARTIAL WITHDRAWAL FACILITY FOR SPECIFIC EXPENSES SUCH AS HOUSE CONSTRUCTION, ILLNESS, MARRIAGE ETC.
Is EPF Balance check necessary?
You should keep a tab on your PF account. It is your valuable retirement saving. You can take loan against EPF Balance at the time of contingency. It may be possible sometimes that employer does not deposit the PF remittance. Without employers’ remittance , your EPF balance will not rise . It can be difficult to get the amount in case of shut-down or under certain circumstances. Thus, it is very necessary to know the status of your PF balance
Hope we have been able to help you. In case you have some queries or regarding this article then feel free to leave a comment below.