The EPF online registration can be done with simple steps and the employees can do it themselves. Employee’s Provident Fund (EPF) is a retirement benefit scheme that’s available to all employees who get salary. This fund is maintained by the Employees Provident Fund Organization of India (EPFO) and any company having more than 20 employees is required by law to register with the EPFO.
It’s a saving beneficial scheme that helps employees save a fraction of their salary every month that can be used when required, or upon retirement.
EPF Online Registration – Who Can Do it?
For the employees who have a salary of up to Rs 6500, adding to the EPF is must. And whose salary exceeds Rs 6,500 it is up to the employer how much EPF is to be contributed. In any case, it is emphatically prescribed to make such contributions to profit of the different benefits an EPF account has in store.
How does EPF online Registration Help?
Registering online for EPF helps individual to handle their records on the go. The individuals who don’t want to go to the offices and stand in a queue, can essentially sit back at home or office, and do it. There are simple steps to carry out the EPF online registration procedure.
For more Information on EPFO Registration and Login – click here
EPF Online Registration Procedure:
- Go to http://members.epfoservices.in/employee_reg_form.php
- Generate Authorization PIN on your Mobile number. Follow the steps for the same-
- Enter the details required on the page. Type the characters shown and Click on “Get Pin”.
- You will recieve a pin on the mobile number you have mentioned above.
- Then click on “I Agree” and enter the pin you have recieved and click “Submit”.
Once you have registered successfully – Follow these steps to get your E-Passbook:
- After you have successfully registered, go to http://members.epfoservices.in/.
- On the right hand side of the page you can see a Login area.
- Enter details required and the mobile number used while registering.
- Now you will be directed to the next page to download your EPF e-passbook.
- Click on Download E-passbook.
- Select the state and then the office name.
- It will ask to enter the account number and your name.
- Type the characters or CAPTCHA as shown in the box.
- Get the Authorization PIN on your registered mobile number.
- Click on “I agree” and enter the pin you recieved and click on “get details”.
Other Facilities You Get after EPF Online Registration:
- Check your EPF Claim Status
- Check EPF Balance
- Register Complains
- Locate and EPF Office
- Get Forms to Download for various EPF related purposes
Steps to Check Your EPF Account Balance:
- Keep your EPFO Account Number handy.
- Click on the link http://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Select your State and other details.
- Enter the employee PF account number and the mobile number. Type the CAPTCHA or the random text for verification which appears below.
4. Select the state where your PF office is situated.
5. Select the EPFO regional office.
6. Fill in the details and click “Submit”.
You will receive an SMS with your EPFO account balance, if your records are updated with EPFO office. Or else it will show data not found. In that case you have to contact the employer for getting it updated.
Hope this article has helped answer your queries regarding EPF Online Registration and E-passbook download.